Monday 22 August 2011

Hand poked foot... Kinda hurt!

My right foot is now all tattooed and pretty! Yay! I had it done on Friday, and it took about 6 hours in all.

It was all hand-poked with a single needle, which was actually more painful than I expected. Once the first dot was done, I hoped it would get more bearable as it went along, but no such luck! The best way to describe it is sort of like eyebrow plucking, but more uncomfortable!

Boff, the artist (from Divine Canvas) was a real legend, putting up with my strange, twitching feet and legs for 6 hours and with me being indecisive about the specifics of the design. Another artist there, Manu, really helped by making me relax at one point when I was literally crawling down the back of the chair, and it's honestly much more bearable if you just sit back and relax and let it happen. So I sat ok for a while after that, just getting a bit wincey on the particularly nasty boney bits.

Then came the toes...

Boff thought it would look much better if I had my toes tattooed as well, but I wasn't convinced as I couldn't think of any sort of design I liked, plus I imagined it would hurt more than the foot, and after 6 hours I wasn't sure I could manage. Then he used the needle to draw on (not actually tattoo yet) dots along my toes, and I was begrudgingly forced to admit it looked pretty badass...

By this time, it was Boff, the studio's piercer Iestyn, my boyfriend and a friend of theirs all downstairs in the studio, chatting and having a laugh. It was taking my mind off the pain quite nicely actually, listening to the guys joking about. When Boff started tattooing my toes, I was having a VERY hard time staying still, and it was very painful. I was trying not to look, but could hear cries of "Boff, you sadistic bastard, going between the toes!" which really didn't help! Luckily it only took 5 mins, and most of that time was spent trying to penetrate my little toe, which is like a tiny armadillo from years of impractical shoes...

I went out for a few drinks and a meal with my Mum and boyfriend after that, and it was totally fine, no swelling at all, and only the mildest sting, a bit like very slight sunburn. Since then it's felt a little dry and I put a tiny bit of Dream Cream from Lush on it, as it was hurting a little when I moved my toes, and that seemed to sort it right out!

All in all, I'd say I'm very happy with it. It looks amazing, and the sense of accomplishment after sitting for 6 hours of pain is great! It would have been nice to have tried out hand poking on a more fleshy part of my body first maybe to prepare me for it, but I guess I went in at the deep end and I managed! I do plan to get the other foot hand poked in the future so it wasn't bad enough to put me off!

Next weekend is my Birthday, and I'm off to Brighton, so looking forward to having a rummage in all the shops! Gotta look in Wildcat, as they tend to have good sales on their tunnels and plugs!
 I  must admit, I am nervous about my tongue split, but if I could sit through the tattooing for 6 hours, 15 minutes of cutting and stitches will be managable I hope!

I'll try and upload some pics of the feet once I'm on my home computer, and I'll even post the pic of me gurning away whilst my toes were inked!


xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment